Promotes germination with significantly greater root growth for hardier seedlings and increased yield.
Active Prime™ contains nutrients and bioactive molecules needed for your newly seeded crop to get off to a strong, healthy start. Active Prime™ is a seed coating that improves germination, boosts root growth, and protects seeds and seedlings from unfavorable environmental conditions. It fosters robust young plants primed to produce a greater yield.
How it Works
Active Prime™ is a dressing applied to seeds before planting. It contains nutrients, organic acids, and Active AgriScience's Patented Biostimulant Technology. Active Prime™ protects the seeds and allows the nutrients to be utilized, even in unfavorable conditions, producing an increased number of roots and deeper roots. This results in more robust seedlings, healthier plants, higher quality crops and greater yield.
Guaranteed Minimum Analysis
|Total Nitrogen (N)
|Available Phosphate (P2O5)
|Soluble Potash (K2O)
When to Use
Prior to seeding wheat, corn, hops, canola, soybean, other pulses, tomatoes, and vegetables.
Canada: 4 ml Active Prime™ per 1 kg of seed
US: 1 quart Active Prime™ per 542 lb of seed
Active Prime™ enhances the seeds’ ability to germinate and quickly produce more and stronger roots. This results in hardier seedlings, more capable of withstanding less than ideal environmental conditions. Ultimately, the increased number of robust plants, produces a higher crop yield.
- ENHANCED GERMINATION: Active Prime™ induces synthesis of zeatin, which is a cytokinin that promotes shoot growth, resulting in faster and higher rates of germination.
- STRONGER ROOT GROWTH: Active Prime™ induces the indole-3-butyric acid (IBA) pathway resulting in higher levels of IBA in tissues leading to earlier and quicker root growth and development. As a result Active Prime™ treated plants are better able to maintain strong growth under drought stress.
- REDUCED TRANSPIRATION: Active Prime™ helps increase xylem pressure through positive water potential, and enhanced elasticity of the xylem, and also helps to regulate stomatal function to reduce excess water loss.
- INCREASED WATER USE EFFICIENCY: Active Prime™ inhibits both ethylene synthesis and free radical formation under drought conditions. Ethylene and free radicals destabilize plant membranes, through fluidization and lipid peroxidation, resulting in water leakage and quicker wilting. Active Prime™ treated plants have inherent resistance to these drought-induced changes with greater water use efficiency.
- INCREASED NUTRIENT MOBILIZATION AND ABSORPTION: Active Prime™ increases secretion of root exudates into the rhizosphere that increase bound nutrient mobilization, availability, and root interception. Active Prime™ treated plants also show increased uptake of nutrients mobilized by mass flow.
- INCREASED PERFORMANCE UNDER STRESS CONDITIONS: Active Prime™ has a simple molecular structure that allows for its activity to be unaffected by unfavorable conditions, and its ability to simultaneously upregulate desirable pathways and downregulate undesirable pathways allows plants to maximize their genetic potential under cold, wet or drought conditions.
- INCREASED FUNCTION UNDER WIDE RANGE OF pH: Active Prime™ contains simple organic molecules that act as either weak acids or bases to pH buffer solutions. Therefore, its function and efficacy are preserved under various pH regimes.
Click to download Crop Specific Yield Data