INTRINSIC™is a smart, molecule that provides measurable benefits around germination, root growth, seedling vigor, stress resistance and yield. It is the central active ingredient in Active PRIME™, Active BUILD™, and Active COMPLETE™
When to Use
As the key ingredient in several of the Active™ products under the Plant Enhancement Technology pillar, INTRINSIC™aids plant growth throughout the season: at seeding, in crop and during seed formation.
Refer to individual product for details: Active PRIME™, Active BUILD™, Active COMPLETE™
- STRONGER ROOT GROWTH: INTRINSIC™ induces the indole-3-butyric acid (IBA) pathway resulting in higher levels of IBA in tissues leading to earlier and quicker root growth and development. As a result, INTRINSIC™ treated plants are better able to maintain strong growth under drought stress.
- REDUCED TRANSPIRATION: INTRINSIC™ helps increase xylem pressure through positive water potential, and enhanced elasticity of the xylem, and also helps to regulate stomatal function to reduce excess water loss.
- INCREASED WATER USE EFFICIENCY: INTRINSIC™ inhibits both ethylene synthesis and free radical formation under drought conditions. Ethylene and free radicals destabilize plant membranes, through fluidization and lipid peroxidation, resulting in water leakage and quicker wilting. INTRINSIC™ treated plants have inherent resistance to these drought-induced changes with greater water use efficiency.
- INCREASED NUTRIENT MOBILIZATION AND ABSORPTION: INTRINSIC™ increases secretion of root exudates into the rhizosphere that increase bound nutrient mobilization, availability, and root interception. INTRINSIC™ treated plants also show increased uptake of nutrients mobilized by mass flow.
- INCREASED PERFORMANCE UNDER STRESS CONDITIONS: INTRINSIC™ has a simple molecular structure that allows for its activity to be unaffected by unfavorable conditions, and its ability to simultaneously upregulate desirable pathways and downregulate undesirable pathways allows plants to maximize their genetic potential under cold, wet or drought conditions.
- INCREASED FUNCTION UNDER WIDE RANGE OF pH: INTRINSIC™ contains simple organic molecules that act as either weak acids or bases to pH buffer solutions. Therefore, its function and efficacy are preserved under various pH regimes.